Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

Lovely lady from Victim Support cam out. A policy officer. I want the law changed so that special measures are available in civil as well as criminal courts. I want an automatic non harrassment order issued on conviction too. I could never work out why bail was removed AFTER he was found guilty of a violent offence. Leaving me unprotected! Any other ideas to campaign on?

katielove
      Participant

I think that an automatic non- molestation order should be given when bail ends. Harassment orders only count as warnings and, in my experience, not robust enough. Also, the time investigations take is far too long, mine is already (detail removed by Moderator) since arrest.

I would like more help available for women to make healthy choices pre abusive relationship, so that they recognise and can deal with their need to enter these relationships in the first place.

More help for women to deal with abuse at the initial red flag stage.

More resources for men to address their internal anger issues

More training in schools for boys & girls, teaching them what healthy, loving respectful relationships look like.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content