Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      3am thinking
      Participant

Hi, I’ve been trying to pluck up the courage to write on here for a few weeks now.

Left my marriage just before (detail removed by moderator) – couldn’t take any more, grown up Kids chose to come with me. Have a lovely home that is our safe & happy place

I wasn’t prepared for how much it hurts and how desperately sad i feel. I had this stupid thought that I would immediately feel better once we were out, that being away from the abuse would fix everything.

I can honestly say I don’t miss him and there’s no way in hell that I’m going back- so why do I feel this way?

How long does it take to stop feeling guilty & a failure ?

Or am I being stupid and/or crazy?

Imagesha
      Participant

Hi 3am Thinking!
      When you were with him your mind was occupied trying to make it work and keep on going, now you can finally.. grieve. You are grieving something that you spent a big part of your life trying to make work. It’s normal that you feel how you feel. I imagine you had planned to spend the rest of your life with him, grow old with him, and most of all, be in a loving relationship. And you did all your best to make it work. It’s a huge loss.
      I also thought I would get my energy back and do wonderfully, without him draining all my energy. But nope.
      I don’t know how much it takes to stop feeling like that. I am still in that phase myself.
      It’s not crazy or stupid. I think it’s just human nature.
      A hug ❤️

3am thinking
      Participant

Hi Imagesha,

Thankyou, it’s hard to explain my feelings and emotions to someone who hasnt been through this, that’s why I finally plucked up the courage to write on here – it’s good to know that someone does know I feel – even if it’s just to convince myself I’m not going nuts!

I really hope you get your energy back soon, I think you’re doing wonderfully anyway.

Sending a hug back

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content