Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bunny
      Participant

Hi I’m after some advice please. My partner has been mentally abusive for a long time now. He’s the typical king of the castle type. I can just about cope when he’s at work but now we are in lockdown things have got worse.

I need to leave, he kicks things at me he points his finger right in my face and blocks where I’m walking if i try and stand up to him. He doesn’t hit me but things are so bad.

I have a small amount of money coming to me soon so hopefully I should be able to rent. We live in his house. We have a toddler and I have a dog. But basically I don’t know if I can stick it out any longer. It’s not fair on our toddler who is the happiest person. I feel so guilty but I have tried everything. I feel so lonely as he’s still living his life as though we are not on lockdown still going out to see his family and still working. While I’m stuck in all day. I would love some advice.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi there and welcome to the forum. You can most definitely leave. Contact your local WA they can help. Collect as much personal paperwork as you can. Everything is possible, don’t be afraid, just do it. That was my mantra as I was leaving, don’t think, just do. There’s a petition online for hotels to be made safe places for women to go, good luck.
      IWMB 💞💞

Cecile
      Participant

I am in the exact same situation. Applied for an order but that was a month ago, due to the courts being overwhelmed I was told no response. I have been advised to leave with as much documentation as I can. Very important to create a police record in my own experience. Don’t be put off by the fact they are only taking emergency calls, this is an urgent matter. They have to assess not only current risks to you but also what is likely to happen. IMO you could be at risk of increased physical harm as the behaviours go unchecked and will escalate. Good luck.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content