Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Itsmylife
      Participant

Can i stop my son’s school from telling my ex stuff? Basically he calls them every week to talk to his teacher. I dont know why he can’t just ask me but its obviously another way he can feel in control!!
      I spoke to a lady from a support line i think it was nextlink and she said i can ask them not to discuss anything with him or at lest ask me first. But im second guessing myself now. I’m so anxious and on edge today as week as feeling low and the school just rang to say my son will get star of the week in assembly tomorrow so I can go and watch but im worried that they will have told my ex too and I’ll turn up tomorrow and hes there too.
      I dont want to have to keep him out of the kids stuff but he makes me feel so anxious and the thought of him being there is making me not want to go. Even him txting me today has set me off. I just dont want to have to deal with him.

KIP.
      Participant

You shouldn’t have to deal with him. Sounds like he is triggering your anxiety. You have the right to refuse contact. You can use a third party for contact. Any contact with these men is toxic. I’m guessing when you were together he wasn’t phoning the school every week. Sounds like he’s going for father of the year award. Trying to paint a picture of a wonderful concerned father. In reality he’s keeping tabs on your son and therefor you. I think you should sit down with the head teacher and discuss your concerns. Make sure they are not discussing you. Abusers are sneaky and manipulating. Sounds like there is more going on than you may think.

Itsmylife
      Participant

Yes he is triggering my anxiety. I’m in a right state now about ringing the school and asking if they’ve told him.
      You’ve got it in one!! He never used to ring, he never used to do anything with them he never had the patience and now he wants to do it all and act like father of the year.
      I’m just worried they will say they can’t not tell him things. I need to talk to them just today is one of those days where I’ll cry even if you just look at me so I couldn’t face it this morning. Literally walked home from the school run trying not to cry.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content