Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ladybird328
      Participant

Feeling extremely lonely and low tonight and cannot stop crying. I have recently found out that someone I thought was my only friend has actually been lying to me and has been feeding everything I’ve told her back to my ex. Despite her saying to me she has wiped her hands of him because he told so many lies to her too.
      He was arrested (removed by moderator) for various things he has done to me over many years. And now it seems the only person I thought I could rely on to support me is actually being very two faced. I haven’t approached her about this, I am just so done with everyone lying and I now think what’s the point in trying to approach her about this, she will only tell lies too or down play it. Or run and tell him.
      How do you cope when you have literally nobody to talk to. When you cannot trust anyone. When everyone seems to bow to and enable the person that caused this pain. When he makes out to everyone i am the problem and I’m making it all up yet I sit in silence because he threatened me with nasty things if I spoke out whilst he is off living his life like he has done nothing wrong. Holidaying with his ‘new’ partner that has no idea what he’s done.
      A man that lied about his (removed by moderator) dying when they were alive and well. A man that fabricated his (removed by moderator) having serious life threatening illness as a cover for his other lies.
      When will people eventually see through their lies? When do we get believed and not made out to be the crazy ones.

He took so many years of my life away and even though I managed to escape the relationship, I cannot escape the way he is making me feel, even now. I just cannot see a future and a way forwards without this consuming every second of my life.

Allornothing
      Participant

Hiya, I myself only have the one friend that I talk to and I would be devastated if I found her to be feeding information back. I know that my friend does talk about my situation to other friends (which sometimes annoys me, but then I would rather she is telling my version than twisting things and I trust her 100%). Are you sure it is definitely the friend? If you feel comfortable enough, it may be worth having a conversation and if she has been doing that, then that is unacceptable and you need to know who you can trust xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content