Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Fuzzyfelt
      Participant

I just can’t do thus. Can’t cope with the mental torture, self blame . Want to stop and get off. I’m crazy and I can’t escape my mind.
      Been to gp who’s urgently referring me to mental health nurse in new year as , very helpful but I’m scared of how volatile I am.
      My house is a mess, cupboards bare, kids I’ll and I’m selfishly wrapped up in myself … just like he said I was. I hate myself.

I look at what you are all going through and you have it so much worse than me .. I’m not sure I should be on here.

Borntobefree
      Participant

Hi fuzzyfelt
      Stop blaming yourself hun .
      I was where you are now … get all the support you need I did.. it will get easier I promise you…it is a roller coaster of a ride .. you can do this X

Fuzzyfelt
      Participant

I’m just scared because people say it takes months,years to get over this… I don’t want another day!

Borntobefree
      Participant

Fuzzyfelt
      Every one has there own healing time
      Have you got in touch with WA They are a great support … you may have ptsd because of what you went through mental health diagnosed me with it … you can inbox me anytime you are not alone .. I’ve been there and so many others X

Fuzzyfelt
      Participant

I haven’t got in touch with them because I thought it was for women suffering from physical abuse.

Borntobefree
      Participant

It’s not just physical hun
      It can be emotional abuse also

Pyscolical trauma

Please phone WA and get some support X

lover of no contact
      Participant

Hang on jn there fuzzyfelt and keep posting. Once the No Contact gets underway you’ll start to feel better. Take it one hour at a time.

Fuzzyfelt
      Participant

Thank you 🙏

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Fuzzyfelt,

I just wanted to check in and see how you are feeling? I hope that you are feeling a bit brighter? Christmas can be such an overwhelming time but just be kind to yourself and know that you are doing the very best you can. We are all here for you.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Fuzzyfelt
      Participant

Thank you Lisa! Very up and down as I’m sure a lot of us are. Gone (detail removed by moderator)no contact, but just saw him which has left me shaken ( I just whizzed past him).
      I hope everyone here manages a peaceful Christmas.. here’s to a brighter new year 🌝

IrisAtwood
      Participant

Hi Fuzzy,
      Saying that it takes months or even years to recover is not the same as saying that you will feel as bad as you do now everyday until recovery. Most of us have better days and even good days, it is that the effects do linger and can be upsetting for a long time.
      This might sound really silly and simplistic but it helps me: I use affirmations when I am upset or starting to feel overwhelmed such as ‘I am OK and things will get better.’, ‘This too shall pass.’, ‘I deserve to be treated well.’, ‘I am strong and confident.’ You can make up your own.
      Anyway hope that you are feeling better. Keep going and you will get to a place that is better for you.

Fuzzyfelt
      Participant

You ladies help me so much … although I cry every time I get a reply.
      I’ve got a whole set of self help books, meditation and hypnosis, etc.
      Thank you for sharing what helps you, I’m forever talking to myself in the mirror!!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content