Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Missssy
      Participant

Why is it that after you escape, they still find ways to pop back up? Why do they use children as pawns? Even if they are restricted from directly contacting you, they enlist their nearest and dearest to get in touch and mess with your head attacking all your weaknesses against you, all your triggers. Seeming as though it is coming from them and not the original abuser. Is it him or is it all coming from the 3rd party? Is he involved?

Why the need to rub a ‘new partner’ in your face, and have someone close to them tell you how that relationship is progressing and how much better than you she is? When you know that this new partner is someone he was never ever interested in at all. She is clearly being used. But you believe the words they say to you to hurt you instead of looking st it logically and remembering that this person is a tool/prop being used to manipulate and hurt you with?

I have read in several places that only those who are having a hard time letting go of you and are obsessive about you will try and flaunt their new ‘partnership’ in your face to get a reaction out of you. The relentless monitoring, the low level stalking, the trying to tie you to them through children, the isolation. The insane jealousy. That doesn’t just go away because you’ve left does it?

So is the reaching out to tell you about their ‘new life’ all a ploy to draw you back in and hurt you?

Missssy
      Participant

Particularly when you have maintained a radio silence and also legally blocked them from having any contact with you.. doing so would mean they run the risk of severe consequences. So is it a way to get in your head and hurt you whilst avoiding any punishments?

KIP.
      Participant

Don’t waste your time trying to understand these men. The last person I would want to know about any new relationship is my ex husband. But he goes out of his way to make sure I know all about his. If he was truly happy and content you would never hear anything from him or about him or his life. Since day one my ex couldn’t stand me being happy. His mission is life was to wipe the smile off his face and he has never changed it that respect. All we can do is protect our sanity by telling our friends family and anyone else who knows him not to mention his name or his life to you. Block every single avenue he has to get into your head. Do not react to any of his attention seeking behaviour. I remember when I ended my relationship he went from angry aggressive to defiant saying that he had moved on and I should to!! Crazy making mind blowing dysfunction. Do not let him lose in your head. No contact in any form is the way forward x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content