Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Don’t know his much longer I can carry on, don’t feel I’m being honest to myself or anyone else. I’m damaged goods. I was pretty f****d in the head before I met him (detail removed by Moderator). I was sexually assulted as a child and when my parents found out they just decided to brush it under the carpet. i struggled to come to terms with it. I’m never been faithful in a single relationship including this one – it started off with me being unfaithful. When I met him everything changed. He made everything feel right in the world. I got pregnant and gave up the drink and drugs, had my beautiful little girls who gave me a reason to live. Made me realise the meaning in life. He did abuse me but is nothing short of what of what I deserved. He did help me in the beginning aNd gave me my innocent girls – the ones who I feel are the ones suffering unfairly through all of this – So I feel like I need to help him now move on. Yes he did wrong but so did I. Everyone just keeps having a go telling me I’m not to help him. Social services are on my case. But they don’t know about me, I’m not worthy.

Darcy
      Participant

Good afternoon my beautiful angel …
      Firstly please please please do not say you deserved it, or that you are not worthy… this is not true.
      My darling you have had so much to deal with by the sounds of it in your life, that you need to give yourself a break and start to love and respect yourself for both yours and yours daughters sake.
      What is your situation now… are you still with him?
      Stay on the forum and stay connected
      Sending you love and support
      Darcy xx

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi anonymous, You didn’t deserve abuse as a child and you don’t deserve it now. Abuse is never ok. You have clearly had a really difficult journey through life but you have fought your way through your difficulties. Doesn’t that just prove to you how incredibly strong you are.

There are still some difficulties in your life and you don’t deserve them. After all you’ve been through, what you deserve is a happy and peaceful life with your beautiful children.

Your children deserve not to see their mother bring abused. It will teach them that abuse is normal and ok and there is a strong possibility that they will end up in abusive relationships.

You deserve respect for everything you have achieved so far and you certainly have my respect.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content