I’m going to be alone and I deserve it

Hc

Hazydayz
      Participant

You won’t be alone you still have you…and us💞

Headcook
      Participant

I’m not a nice person to even want to be me

No wonder she can’t speak to me I must disgust her That much she can’t take it anymore
      She’s tired of all this in this house he says

I will just be left with my own horribleness and they will live happily together

He says I’m driving them all away and her silence confirms it
      She’s protecting herself from me

Hc

KIP.
      Participant

She’s protecting herself from him. He’s says the things that he knows will hurt you most. This push and pull is confusing and leaves us spinning. His behaviour is that of an abuser and you need to get away from this disfunction. He’s assaulted you now he’s attacking you again making you think that you’re to blame but you are not to blame, it’s a clever abuser trick. And we wonder if he really was us, because we are being treated so badly so it must be us.but it’s not you. You’re being abused.

Headcook
      Participant

Being pretty much ordered to buy the shopping

What do I do I’m in awe of the treatment

Hc

queenmaeve
      Participant

Don’t buy the shopping!

Headcook
      Participant

I will be attacked if I don’t go along with this
      And I will hate myself even more if I do
      This is trivial but I have a new place to fund and I’ve paid long enough
      Am I not enabling this by paying
      My eyes are so wide open
      My heart is laid bare to these two
      Despair is all I have felt for days

Hc

Headcook
      Participant

Does going on other support sites make it worse I’m doing this and maybe it’s adding to this
      Some replies are not helpful
      “ kids don’t abandon there parent for no reason “.
      “ you sound sarcastic in your post “
      Now I no I will be told to ignore
      And no I should I don’t respond but it goes in to the very core making you question even more your part
      Clearly no true understanding of dynamics
      Have never had this on here only love and support
      I think maybe I need to remove this further pain of these sites
      Are they causing more harm than good
      Yes I believe now I am being abused and he has to take ownership of this

Hc

Wants To Help
      Participant

Morning HC,

Every support site is different as they serve many different purposes. Just use the ones you find help you the most.

Your final line of your last post is a good one. FINALLY you have realised that his behaviour is abusive. For him to take ownership he has to be held ACCOUNTABLE. He will not take ownership, for that he will have to acknowledge and admit that his behaviour is awful, but YOU can do things that will make him accountable for his actions.

To do this though it will mean that you have to do something to start the ball rolling. It seems to me that you are suffering in silence at the moment. We can all read your posts and see how badly this is affecting your physical and mental health, but we are all powerless to DO anything to help you. We can only type words of advice / support / knowledge / wisdom. The power to make changes has to come from YOU. YOU have to be the one to reach out for some help now, in some way, no matter how small. Even a silent 999 call. If the Police are aware of the situation from previous times your phone number will be linked on their systems to previous call logs to your address. The Call Handlers will see what those previous calls were for and any silent 999 call will trigger a response due to the nature of the previous calls. It’s just a small step but will open the door to getting help. If you have a bruise showing from when he kicked you the other night, show them that. They can arrest him for the assault.

His partner is not going to help you. She is either afraid of him herself which is why she does nothing, or she is as bad as him to enable the abuse. And there is a child caught up in all this too, living in a hostile situation and trying to make sense of it, just as you are.

Now is the time to take action HC. You have realised you are being abused. The next step is FLIGHT.

DENIAL – ACCEPTANCE – REALISATION – FLIGHT – RECOVERY

Headcook
      Participant

W t h

Thank you
      I have a viewing again today
      I need this to be good
      I think finding a place for me will help how I’m feeling as two many things to cope with and it’s adding to everything
      I used to be strong
      I have been strong In the past
      Flight yes I have to do this
      Yes there should have been consequences

Thank you

Hc

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content