Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      BakingQueen
      Participant

Found out my abusive ex was in a car crash (Detail removed by moderator)

I’ve gone no contact for a while now. One of his mates told me because I’m the mother of his kid otherwise I might not have known.

I don’t know what to think or feel. I’m shocked, I’m quite emotional, I’ve got his mates calling me asking me how he’s doing and I have no idea coz I’m not there. Part of me wants to visit because it’s the grown up thing to do and I also want to assess if it’s the right thing to bring my son along at another point.

I’m meant to be going on holiday soon and he threatened not to let me take my son so part of me feels he may have done this on purpose. His (I suppose new gf) didn’t want me to know what happened and I don’t quite understand why.

Should I go? Should I keep my distance? Was this all a ploy to get me to see him / have a dialogue with him? I don’t know what to think.

My gut instinct is: don’t go. Go on holiday. There is nothing to stop you now.
      You will get the news soon enough.
      all best
      ftc
      x

KIP.
      Participant

Do not get dragged back in. He is not your responsibility. Go on holiday and enjoy the peace n quiet. His games will begin again soon enough so make the most of this time when he’s not able to abuse you. If any of his friends ring then tell them he is not your responsibility and they can contact the hospital directly and not to contact you. That’s if he’s actually in there. Lying and games are second nature. Do not believe a word anyone tells you. Only what you see first hand for yourself.

BakingQueen
      Participant

Hi ladies,
      Thanks so much for your responses.

So he is in hospital his family have confirmed that. He us actually in a really bad way with a whole host of injuries.

Thanks for bringing me back to earth through, I haven’t forgotten what he has done to me but I feel sorry for him. As horrible as he was to me and his idiocy of (Detail removed by moderator) is how own fault, I don’t feel responsible for that, I guess I feel like this could show him how short life is and to be a better person I guess. I won’t hold my breath.

Holiday plans aren’t postponed though. X

KIP.
      Participant

Please don’t waste your energy feeling sorry for him. My ex used to drive like a maniac to scare me with our son in the car in his baby seat. It’s very common for these men to do this. Just be glad he didn’t have your child in the car. As soon as he is able his reign of terror will resume. I know it may sound callous but take this opportunity to move as far forward from him as you can. He would not feel sorry for you. In fact he would use an opportunity like this to destroy you further.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content