Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Lilycat
      Participant

Hi everyone,

I have left the two pathological liars that I used to live with, but they are using their lies and manipulative techniques to act like good citizens in public and give the impression that I was the abusive, unstable and unfeeling one for leaving.

What are your stories? Do you have any advice on calling liars out so that they don’t lie again? I would really like to hear from you, as I would like to stop them rubbishing me.

Lilycat x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Lilycat, my ex was a skilled and competent liar, he liked to use the term ‘plausible deniability’ with a little smirk. I just did not trust him and this was one of the reasons we had to finish. I am not sure how you would catch them out aside from checking their phone, social media etc. or setting a trap which is quite easy to do, i suppose it depends what the lies are about. I would always say trust your instincts, if something doesn’t feel right it probably isn’t. They normally reveal themselves in other things they say at other times.X*X

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, I would say do nothing. Play the long game. These liars are always caught out in the end. They cannot remember what lies they have told. My ex contradicts himself every time he opens his mouth. In solicitors letters too. It’s easy pickings if you just let them do their thing ❤️
      Also, if you try to fight back, they will use that against you. Better to rise above it all x

Millionpieces
      Participant

My ex lie even on things not matter, swear fir nothing. Even he knows he always get caught of lying he keep lying, nothing stop him.

Serenity
      Participant

Just sit back and let them do the work, by watching them contradict themselves.

Hopesprings
      Participant

My ex couldn’t help but lie. (Well he could but it seemed that way). He lied to me right up until the day he left and the months after. If we were still speaking he would be lying to me now.

He lies to everyone in his life. I know he’s told people lies about me. The best thing to do is ignore it. If people believe their lies they aren’t worth thinking about.

Lilycat
      Participant

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and views.

I think I will let them unravel themselves. My parents have spotted their inconsistencies and I hope others around them will, too. Both of them said (and continue to say) things and then deny what they have said later. They made up accounts of reality and confused me to make me go around the bend; but they got fed up when I clearly knew that it was not I who was mad.

My stepchild even claimed to have PTSD and said that they were ‘very vulnerable’ and that I needed to limit my conversation topics i.e. not talk about food, sport or clothing… or even mention my shoe size, otherwise I’d ‘trigger’ them (in the end all I could talk about comfortably was the domestic pets), but they completely contradicted themselves by saying that they ‘slept like a log every night’ and had ‘never had panic attacks’ on me bringing up the subject of trauma. Dissociation and panic attacks would only ever come on when they didn’t want to to do something or didn’t like what was being cooked that night. I never thought that my feet, my sports kit or my vegetables were so scary.

Ah, the drama and the lies. If I didn’t think it were a waste of thought processes I would write a drama about my experiences. With our combined experiences we’d have an interesting array of cast characters.

I’m so glad to see the strength in all of you, in overcoming harm from people who have hurt you.

Be well and kindest wishes

Lilycat x

kitty
      Participant

My ex lies 24/7 but he is thankfully not very clever. If I suspected lies after I left him I would text him and see what reply I got. The replies were always lies, usually about money. I then got information from the bank to confirm they were lies he told me. I have maybe 6 or 7 texts of lies, along with eveidence from the bank showing each one to be a lie. Financial abuse is all he has over me these days but I’m well on my way to sorting that out once and for all. He even wrote me a letter, sticking to these same lies (after I collected all of the proof against him).

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content