Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hopefaithfriends
      Participant

Hi my situation has been a slow process I have left my abuser over (detail removed by moderator) years ago I tried to live on with my life without having to report it but (detail removed by moderator) of trying to be amicable and allowing my child to see him had only delayed the fact that he was still trying to control me and stalked me which was unbearable , (Detail regarding court case removed by moderator). I had left all my friends ‘ job , family to start some where new I could then report what had happened to me because I felt safe as he didn’t know where we moved to as I had been terrified to talk to anyone in case he wasn’t arrested and I would further be in fear from his retaliation .
      Unfortunately he had asked the courts to find me to get access to my child and now he knows the area I live in and yet again I’m concerned that he will find me after the court hearing ends which has been over (detail removed by moderator) and still ongoing , my next step is to look for help funding to get cctv put up to help ease my worry and keep us safe, does anybody know of any organisation who may be able to help with this ? I would like to add that if you are scared to tell anyone about your abuse I understand, but I would recommend getting some where safe and reporting it even if it was a while ago or recent as every bit of information is important and you won’t have to Try and prove it later in court as you will have it documented which will help you in the long run , I wish I was brave enough to have called the police when it happened to me, but I couldn’t I was scared of the repercussions .

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Dear Hopefaithfriends

You have done so wel to have come so far. Bits awful that you’ve been tracked down like this. (Detail removed by moderator). It’s shockin this can still happen. You have shown such strength, it must be devastating for this to happen after everything you’ve achieved.

Does your area have a Sanctuary scheme? Victim support can also help with security/cameras sometimes.

Is there still a maplins or did they go bust as they often have cheap deals on security cameras, or even online, amazon do a lot of their own brand stuff and could potentially have.

Try not to be too hard on yourself about not getting things reported earlier, in abject fear you did what you could. There lots I didn’t do and was told off by police at the time it further destroyed me, but I understand now why I couldn’t even do some very simple things shackled by fear.

I hope you find what you need easily. Would you consider moving again, bearing in mind his death threats? I do wonder what would be the point though if he can just rock upto court and find you agai, which isn’t this illegal practice? Why can’t courts be held liable for facilitating harm and potentially murder. How is the law still on the abusers side? Hmmphh

Warmest wishes ts

fizzylem
      Participant

You tried victim support?

I know exactly what you mean, I so wish I’d reported when it started, wouldn’t be in the mess I am now, this is a regret for sure. At that time I never dreamt it would go this far though, that we’d get to court, you too no doubt.

Have you tried talking the situation through with a police officer? May help with regard to how you can keep safe.

Could you ask around for a techy friend of a friend to help? I’m pretty sure you could get a reasonably priced kit off ebay, they’ve come down a lot in price.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content