Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      cakepops
      Participant

After a very long relationship I still struggle to see my worth the majority of the time. I have ongoing issues with post separation abuse and it really affects my confidence.

However, (detail removed by Moderator) I had a work review and I was super proud of myself for being vocal about my feelings relating to my work load and responsibilities.

On top of that for the first time on my life I managed to ask a question relating to pay increases. They’re going to consider and get back to me.

It’s such a small thing but means the world to me.

It’s such a slow slow journey so I’d love to hear from others about any little process or successes that they want to share 🙂

nbumblebee
      Participant

Huge well done my sweetie i know how hard all this is im there.
      I still live with my mean man and some days all I want is a well done im lroud just a sign that im doing ok but I never get it from anyone.
      Ive had to start telling ny counsellor or my gym instructor as nobody else seems to care which makes me feel so alone so sad.
      But we have to celebrate little wins each and everyine of them because in this life they arent little wins are they? They are huge when you are so used to be told how you cant when you can and so it should be celebrated well done you x

Anonymous2022
      Participant

What a great win @cakepop. And you’re so right – we need to focus on those little wins to help us take stock of where we are and realise that we are moving forward (even if it’s slowly!). Well done for asking for a pay rise – I know a lot of people (even those with no abuse in their past) who find it hard. You bad a%s.

@numblebee I’ll tell you right now that I’m proud of you and you are stronger than you think. Taking time to be here on this forum is showing up for yourself no matter where you are in your life. Well done.

My small win is that everyone was telling me I need to set boundaries – the social worker and my emotional support worker. But I had no idea what I wanted, so I’m learning to think about what I want and slowly learning how to ask for it. Baby steps.

Wishing you all love and kindness xx

Bananaboat
      Participant

Well done!! Today, I sat in a Macdonalds and ate a meal, I sat there and felt proud of myself – I was out alone, not worried about him, not hearing his voice telling me people were looking at me. I know it’s daft but I enjoyed that moment. x

nbumblebee
        Participant

Well done that sounds like true bliss ❤

Yellowcup
      Participant

Congratulations ❤!! I hope you get the pay increase

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content