Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m sick of the way he treats our kids – so much so that it has given me a new found courage to stand up to him.

We were out with our youngest son (who was walking ahead of us –(detail removed by Moderator) away) and he told me that he wanted to exchange our son for another girl as he’s hard work. Who says that so your child can hear it?

He’s threatened to bring a (detail removed by Moderator) home and shoot the dogs – for no reason, it was said in front of my parents.

He constantly ignores our son – typically the child I have the strongest bond with. Our son actually asked him to look into his eyes the other day when he was more interested in his mobile phone then his son.

I told him I was angry and why, and that instead of making excuses he needed to get off of his a**e and do something about it.

He hasn’t spoken to me since! It’s been peaceful x

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

I’m really pleased to hear you’re feeling so strong and were able to stand up for your poor son. He will be really damaging their self-esteem with his nasty ways. My ex treats our kids the same. One has had enough of it and is disengaging but my youngest really struggles with his confidence. It’s a constant battle to help him feel better about himself. Just be on your guard that the silence might be plotting revenge because that’s been my experience. Saying that, when I was still with him I found the silent treatment agonising and would panic, so it was punishment enough in itself back then. It’s great your not in that place and can enjoy the temporary respite from him. Take care xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content