Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Dragonfly
      Participant

Just a question really which may seem glaringly obvious. He doesn’t have keys to my home, but did previously. A couple I know said I should still change my locks. He’s not allowed in my street at the moment so I feel pretty safe just now. Should I change them?

I think I’ve probably answered my own question. Who knows what he’s capable of if there’s no non harassment order next week.

White Rose
      Participant

Regardless of whether he has keys or not youve raised doubt in your own mind. I think you’ll probably change them and feel more comfortable because of it xx

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Dragonfly,

I’ve changed my locks. Anything to keep us safe. I didn’t like the idea of him knowing when we were away for a few days: I wouldn’t have put it past him to pinch things.

Xx

Dragonfly
      Participant

He got into my flat once before when we’d split up. He used keys but as far as I’m concerned he broke in. We weren’t together, he knew I would be out. I knew he’d been in every room. I could feel it.

I’m changing the locks. Obviously I now know he’s weird so I’ve no idea what’s going through his head. Better my son and I to be as safe as I can make it.

WalkerInTheRain
      Participant

I would change the locks. It takes that element of doubt away. It’s an easy job and I’d recommend getting star rated locks with are harder to pick or bump.

There are other steps you can take as well if you think he might try to bother you.

LyriaTwilight
      Participant

I changed my locks, and my ex stole my spare key when he was picking the kids up and had copies made. He gave them back but I am certain he had a set he didn’t hand back, so I had the locks changed get again. If you have the funds to do it, and it will give you that extra peace of mind, then do it. I think you can get them done through your council possibly as well.

Dragonfly
      Participant

Yep. I hear you all. Locks getting changed this week

Confused123
      Participant

Hi HUn

MY ex did same as Lyria Twlight, only he never gave back keys, just change the barrellm it is cheaper and you can google up on u tube how to do it , this is what i did, i was suprised how easy it was

Dragonfly
      Participant

Thank you x

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content