Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      enofadov
      Participant

ex picks kids up from school one day a week and I get them from him but this week got a text half an hour before saying

A heads up his parents have got them

Turns out he was away with work, hadn’t told me, got his parents to pick up both kids without letting me know. His parents have never picked them up before they are not in contact list with school and kids didn’t know to expect them. I’m fuming, not thinking about kids at all, they need to know who is picking them up from school. He was just thinking about annoying me. If there had been an accident I wouldn’t have known they were with them. So cross

enofadov
      Participant

So went into school and turns out he’s added his parents to
      Pick up list without my consent…can he do this??

I’m thinking no, actually he can’t. You have pareantal responsibility, not them. He has parental responsibility but they don’t. Therefore he can’t and shouldn’t just do that without discussing it with you. I would contact the school and say you object to this and can they be taken off the contact list.

Iwon
      Participant

I agree with freedom to choose x

enofadov
      Participant

But then couldn’t he disagree with my parents being on the list? (They have been on there since kids started school)

I don’t think he would dare. Before I left my ex we had a disagreement as to who should pick child up from school. I told the head and she put an arrangement in place whereby I picked the child up (as I had always done so) – and my ex was only allowed to do so with my agreement. From their point of view they want to do things in the best interests of the child, so please speak up to the head and say you are unhappy with them being on the list. Or better still put it in writing so it is on record and keep a copy.

I could mention other things that happened but personally I feel it is an attempt to intimidate you and undermine your parental authority. You have pr. it is important. good luck
      ftc
      x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content