Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Aliceinwonderland
      Participant

After some time of him living apart he still comes in and out of house for contact. I work so he is unsupervised. After most recent incident of finding sharp things in my bed on (Detail removed by Moderator) separate occasions after he’d been here with children I decided to confront him infront of my family. He did his usual deny, tell me I’m crazy, ask my family members what they looking at, why are they here why don’t they go home. Below the belt he then started asking my young child trying to make out it was them or their sibling (both of them too young to do it). I told him to get out and not arguing anymore because it doesn’t help. I’ve been having anxiety and a panic attack because I am struggling to cope, he really gets in my head. I decided I can’t live like this, checking house from top to bottom after every visit.
      I have finally removed all his clothes from bedroom put them in suitcase. He refused to take them so I’ve put them (Detail removed by Moderator) outside of house, I asked for his key and he’s refused to give it. I want to get locks changed before his next visit and not do anymore child arrangements until after mediation. Where do I stand? I have tried to call helpline but struggling to get through.

Iwon
      Participant

You need to protect your mental health. I would not have him in my house. Document all he is and has done with any proof. Keep all messages. I did access through my brother in the end because it made him behave and stopped him having access to me. Good luck. I don’t know your situation so not sure of your legal rights. We were selling the house when he got kicked out because of his temper but he still had legal access to house. I would put the key inside door and lock from ibsidecso at least I felt a bit safer. Now of it happened I would document his behaviour and change locks. We have a right to live in peace and that is the law x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content