Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      skyfish
      Participant

Ive been rereading my initial post and messages from you lovely supportive ladies and realise just so far I have come. Those initial dark days seems a world away and as the weeks roll into months I can honestly say life alone is not half as scary as I imagined it would be. I have started swimming now the local pools opened, doing yoga pilates, eating what I want when I want….and even better recent events where i had to face my abuser were no where near as daunting as I thought they would be. When you come from a position of strength you take the power way from them and they know their hold on you is broken.
      To everyone out there still debating if being alone is the right thing to do I would say the alternative is so much worse – abusers do not change, they promise, they say they are sorry, make us feel we are the problem etc etc! its all empty words and manipulation
      We deserve to be happy as do our children and I am hoping the new laws announced today will help all of us recognise sooner when something isnt right! get out of the situation and ask for support if you need to as soon as you see the signs. I have wasted too many years of my life and now its my time to shine x*x love to you all and thank you for all your help and support x*x

Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful Angel … Skyfish
      Yes, yes, yes!!!
      I love your post… it’s so lovely to hear and feel through your words your power that you have gained since leaving your ex.
      I am so happy for you… well done
      Wishing you every success on your journey going forward
      Sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

Empoweredhealing
      Participant

These are my favorite posts to read. Congratulations and so happy for you. You deserve peace and happiness!!

skyfish
      Participant

Huge thank you to all x I will keep checking in here and hopefully can support other’s like you all have helped me. We are stronger than we ever imagine and the future can be so much better than our past, if we are just brave enough to trust in ourselves
      Love and light x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content