Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Plodding
      Participant

I really need some advice on what to tell my h what I think is best for our two young children in terms of child arrangements once we are physically separated. He has left it up to me which I’m very shocked about because I thought he would be unreasonable or demanding about it . I feel unsure of what’s best for them . He is a good dad and I know my kids enjoy their time with him . I am unsure if living in 2 houses is good for kids. I hear often it’s usually done where kids live in one house and have regular contact with the other . I also feel lacking in confidence with my h to say what I want or think on this . What do you all do ? Thanks

longjourneylife
      Participant

So sorry you’re in such a tricky situation. I’ve rewritten my post so many times and cant come up with anything truly helpful. I waited too long for our agreements to happen, that it ended up taking its toll on me and the kids ( he just made excuses and caused delays and placed blame!) Mediation could possibly be a route, or a waste of money of he’s just pretending to agree but drops out at the last second! Definitely worth talking it through at a professional about your specific case, you need support. I truly feel for you, sending massive hugs, you’re doing a great job, your kids are lucky to have you x*x

Bananaboat
      Participant

I’m very recently out and prior to leaving he was all ‘I’m having child 50/50’, then would change what he said as if trying to get a reaction from me. Since leaving he has child once a week but he’s unreliable and I found not chasing him helps, again they want that reaction. If you can get advice or something formal it would help, in the meantime look after yourself as like anything with these chaps whatever you suggest might trigger a reaction xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content