Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      New21
      Participant

Hi All
      First time posting.
      I just wondered how you all manage child contact after your seperation? Our kids are going between both our homes as they are teenagers. My son is wanting to stay with me all week but ex is saying it’s not what he wants but about me and my needs and making us feel guilty about if we were to decide he did stay with me. Hows everyone else coped with this? How do you also manage communication when children are going between each home? Thanks in advance.

Darcy
      Participant

Hi beautiful Angel… New21,
      Welcome to the forum and well done for posting.
      I don’t have any experience of your situation, however I am sure one of the other lovely ladies on this forum will post soon and be able to give you some tips and advice.
      In the meantime I am sending you continued love and support
      Darcy xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi New21,

I can see you have just started posting, so welcome to the forum.
      We understand how distressing child contact issues can be for women and their children. Very often abusive men use the issue of child contact as a means of continuing abusive behaviour long after the relationship has ended.
      The fact that your children are teenagers, legally/in court, they should have a voice in what they prefer regarding contact with their father.
      The Coram Children’s Legal Centre is a unique, independent national charity concerned with law and policy affecting children and young people. They offer legal advice and representation to children, their carers and professionals throughout the UK. They can be contacted on 0300 330 5480, 8am – 6pm, Mon – Fri. The Children’s Legal Centre has a website at http://childlawadvice.org.uk/ .
      You may also want to consider contacting Family Lives on 0808 800 2222, 24hrs. Family Lives is available Mon-Fri, 9am-9 pm, and 10am-3pm Sat & Sun. You can call about any family issue, big or small. You can send your question by email or you can chat online with one of the parent support workers. They also run face-to-face groups throughout England, and work in schools, GP surgeries and prisons.
      Your children’s father doesn’t seem to be acting in the best interests of the children. If he is causing distress to you and the children, you can challenge this behaviour and have the contact he has reflect this. You can also talk this all through with your local domestic abuse service. Find your local here.
      I hope this helps,
      Lisa

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content