Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      fizzylem
      Participant

Have joined up the dots over the last few days and can see my child is depressed; its horrible to see, see this shift in her and how this has impacted on her. I feel like I’ll get blamed for it as we are both responsible right for putting her in the middle according to law, only this isnt true is it, Ive tried everything, but he will always oppose me whatever in everthing.

I have worked hard to keep stuff from her but he has asked her relentless questions – and now she’s imploded and withdrawn / now wants to do nothing but stay at home – and I know he’ll blame me. He’s tried his best to alienate me from her yet he will say Ive done this to him and to my child. When its so very obs to me its all him! Shes going to not want to go soon I can see it. She cant handle him, hell I cant and I’m an educated rational adult, she has no chance.

When I spoke to a copper the other day she implied the same, you need to be adult, are you kidding me!!!

My daughters mental health is suffering, and still her fathers rights are placed above this; still they believe she needs this relationship?????? Yeah like a hole in the head, if he was battering her then he would lose these rights, but emotional abuse that can have long lasting and damaging effects over the course of a persons life, that prevents her from thriving this is ok?! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

BUT, tonight she said to me, mum I really appreciate you, all the things you’ve done for me this week while Im down, talking to me showing vids, x , x , thank you it has helped. This is the closet weve felt in a long time, I’m sad it had to get to this for her to finally allow me in fully, but also relieved she has that she feels she can be vulnerable with mum and get what she needs. We will overcome this, it will make her stronger and more emotionally aware; but can see its going to be a dreadful battle to try and protect her and us – its all so very wrong isnt it x*x

fizzylem
      Participant

Loving that she feels appreciation – this is the first seed to get her through x

fizzylem
      Participant

Think what angered me with this copper as well is that she saw what he is doing as his right, until the law changes these men have the legal right to abuse, abuse us and their children. Why is there no god dam protection x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content