Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Serenity
      Participant

My ex was paying me nothing for ages, then a minuscule amount.

I sent off evidence that he can’t be earning the pittance that he’s claiming- for example, he’s recently obtained a new mortgage.

Today I received news that he’s having to pay me the arrears and my monthly payments will go up – they will be (removed by moderator) times what he was paying for ages!

He’s still not declaring half his income, but at least it’s an improvement.

I will be able to pay off some of the debt he left me with, clear it and start to budget properly and put some money away gradually. I will be able to live maybe having a little bit of savings for the first time in my life. I will be able to put money away for emergencies.

For years I worked day and night, and was always back to zero- either because I had to pay for everything, or he took my money from me.

Justice prevails! 🍾

lover of no contact
      Participant

Well done serenity, that is great news!

KIP.
      Participant

Wow fantastic. I know how hard it is to fight for the things that we absolutely deserve anyway. Well done. Buy yourself something really nice, you earned it. Also, if your financial settlement in the divorce was based on these figures then consider taking him back to court. You probably deserved a huge amount more. At least get some free advice.

Bubblegum
      Participant

Fantastic news Serinity .These men think there untouchable .They can’t run for ever tho .Justice has finally caught up with him X*x

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

Fabulous news, I’m so pleased for you! You definitely deserve a treat for achieving this xx

Serenity
      Participant

Thanks, everyone.

Even though it’s less than the average child maintenance pay, it’s still a whole lot more than he ever gave to the children or I within the marriage. (Isn’t that dreadful?)

I will be able to treat the kids to a few things, and not worry about buying the essentials for them ( and never clearing the debt, because I’m paying for everything for them myself).

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content