Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

I want to give hope to some women here whose children were estranged by their abusers.
      A child in my family was estranged from their father. In this case the mother was the abuser.
      They returned to their father as a grown adult.
      They were abused by their mother for many years.
      Abusers never stop. They will abuse the children in their care.
      Social services were involved and supported the abusive parent, therefore directly supported child abuse.
      They are back in the family now, very traumatised though, but they are back and we all support them.

As long as the courts and social services fail to understand that abusers do not stop with their partners, but carry on abusing their own children, nothing will ever improve.
      For this reason we need to fight. Never give up fighting for your children. When they are in the hands of an abuser they will suffer. We need to unite and fight for the children.
      They will come back to you. The day will come when they will turn up at your door step. They will remember who did not abuse them.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Thanks Ayanna for the uplifting post.
      I totally agree with what you are saying, the ss and the courts have to be much more aware of what abuse really is for things to change. How far it can stretch. The reason behind it (power and control).
      How the non-abuser parent is not supported with the current laws if they keep entertaining what is ‘best for the children’ when abuse is in play therefore basically denying that abuse is even happening.

The children will one day come back to the non-abuser parent. Or not if they are too messed up due to the abuse. Or they can turn abusive themselves. It’s all possible.
      Keep that is mind and know what you are standing for. Zero tolerance for abuse no matter which form it takes for my account.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content