Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      tryingtosleep
      Participant

Please can anyone help?

How do you organise supervised contact with an abusive and alcoholic husband?
      Do you go through the courts – or just sort out a supervised contact without the courts?

How much does this all cost?
      I spoke to Social services who advised to get him to go through the courts.

I spoke to my lawyer who advised to avoid the courts – as it gets costly – I’m so confused about everything!

Any advice would be appreciated…!

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello tryingtosleep,

It sounds like it might be useful to access some formal legal advice around your rights and options in regards to this. You could call Rights of Women who can offer free legal advice over the phone. The details for their family law advice line is on their website: https://rightsofwomen.org.uk

I’m sure other users will be along to offer advice too, but please bear in mind that we cannot discuss court experiences in any detail on the forum, in order for all users to remain safe and anonymous.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Pineapplepie
      Participant

Hi, sorry I don’t have any advice, but I can relate.
      this is one of the many reasons I think I’m scared to leave my husband but I dont know to what extent they’d be safe to be with him for a long period of time with his drinking, some days he drinks a lot, some days not as much, but every day he drinks. He wouldn’t hurt them but he falls asleep, in a deep sleep, gets frustrated etc.
      I hope you find an answer.

Mellow
      Blocked

This is what I’ve noticed every one has different opinions I’ve left and it’s so overwhelming. (detail removed by Moderator) you may be offered free legal aid but free or not think for your self if that’s what you want.some people seem to take the children into account and not the abuse.but remember abusers are impacting our kids this is what I’m finding difficult to navigate they don’t care what happened to us women.you might not want your kids around him at all.

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Hi, tryingtosleep, I am in a similar place, you are welcome to PM me x my children are teenagers x*x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content