Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Freedom @
      Participant

I’m starting to worry about my childrens wellbeing. They are only (detail removed by Moderator) but starting to act out. In the process of separating but he’s still in the house (and meant to be househunting). There’s no shouting or physical violence just a f**ked up atmosphere its horrible and obviously the kids are picking up on it. I’m a “stupid mammy” they wish I was dead and general mean language. I’m heartbroken. My beautiful friendly kids aren’t there at the moment. I’m just letting them away with it at the moment as I know their struggling. I thought about play therapy but is there any point while we’re still under the same roof? He doesn’t do anything when they speak to me like that. He doesn’t really parent at all just hangs around the hous and makes small talk with them. I’m lost utterly lost đź’” I really need him to go so I can pick up the pieces. He’s already on online dating and hasn’t even moved out yet yet it will be me who gets the blame for all this. He has mental health issues and can’t or won’t even see the damage being done. Need to rant and need advice or strategies to help my babies

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Freedom @,

Thank you for sharing with us. I am sorry to hear how things are with your children at the moment, it must be so upsetting to see how they are reacting. Some local domestic abuse support services offer dedicated children’s services which you and your children might find helpful- https://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-abuse-directory/

There is also some information in our Survivor’s Handbook including a link to The Hideout- https://www.womensaid.org.uk/the-survivors-handbook/how-can-i-help-my-children/

Home

Keep posting to us when you can, it can really help to offload to others who understand.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content