Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Random.
      Participant

Has anyone claimed compensation after they have reported their ex?
      I have found myself in debt now because of him, still causing damage even from behind bars!!

R x

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi Random,

If current procedures are still going through with the Police you can ask them about a compensation claim to be awarded to you if he is found guilty / pleads guilty. You can also apply to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA). Victim Support should be able to advise you and help you with this.

Any compensation awarded will be for the injuries that have been caused to you and you are free to spend it as you choose.

bringbacktheoldme
      Participant

Hi Random,

The thing you have to ask yourself with this is, do you want to put yourself through all the bad memories and feelings again by having to go through everything that happened in the past with your partner? because you will have to go through all the details of every little thing that happened and you were put through when going through your claim.

I’m asking this because this is a time to move forward and not be held up by things that you have been able to progress from, our mental wellbeing is worth more than a bit of money.

Random.
      Participant

Thank you both for your advice. I have left a message with CICA & police have applied for some financial help at the minute, it’s just I hate that he’s left me in debt with everything else that has happened it’s just adding insult to injury, quite literally!!!
      I realise I don’t want him as a crutch anymore but it would be nice just to get something back out of him!
      If I can. I have already sat in a room for hours & given my best account for things police asked me. There was so much I still wanted to scream about all the incidents but now it just feels so lonely. THe nightmares keep me awake, the lies he spun make me shiver. There’s so much I wanted to get out but didn’t my head was just scrambling for things that were clear & i’m so angry I didn’t get out everything I wanted, there was just so, so much that happened! Now I’m just left with all the bad memories & the good & I just want to run back to him..
      Sorry that went way off on a tangent!!
      x
      That was way

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content