Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      diymum@1
      Participant

I have a few questions and im wondering if anyone can help? so firstly im not living in England but i am in Britian. I would like to make make sure other people are aware of what my ex is capable but i want to be anonymous as the upsurge from this is unthinkable 🙁

so i call ed the police on (detail removed by Moderator) occasions for assault – it was on his police record at last check as (detail removed by Moderator) – on all occasions he was kept in a cell over night (detail removed by Moderator) – is this enough? they dismissed all of the incidents the 1st of which was at (detail removed by Moderator). also will the police contact me? – will they come out and will they go to see him? xx luv diymum

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi diymum@1

You might find this information useful from the Met Police website to help explain the process of Clare’s Law. https://www.met.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/daa/domestic-abuse/af/clares-law/

You can always contact 101 to ask for clarification if you were unsure of anything relating to this law.

Take care and keep posting

Lisa

endoftherainbow
        Participant

Hi, after I left my ex his other children contacted the police as they were worried about his new woman. They took it very seriously ando said she would be contacted. No information was given back to them, and she would not have been told who reported it. But we did find out that it worked and she kicked him out….Karma!

diymum@1
      Participant

thanks to you both I will check that out, I wonder if that would show up on a disclosure for a job? diymum xx

Twisted Sister
      Participant

I can’t see how they would give this info to a woman but not reveal it in a safety check for working with children for example.

I don’t know, but if someone’s got this information held about them I can’t see how it couldn’t be used for checks like CRBs

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Although the info disclosed under Clares law is always verbal. No written records are given

Iwantmeback
      Participant

I have a copy of my disclosure form which I needed a few years back. He will need to fill one out to work with children or the elderly or vulnerable people. 💕💕

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content