Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Maggie
      Participant

This week i met with the police follwing my application for claires law disclosure, it was a painful ordeal so much was revealed i was unaware of however, it made me realise i didnt know the man i was married to, i have cried for days but in the cold light of day i had a very lucky escape, with the help of the police and womens aid i can and will be able to move on. I met and married my husband later on in life, his life before me was extremely violent,none of which i knew, i now think of all the times i have blamed myself, accused of losing it etc, in actual fact not every woman hes been with can be the same, the same pattern however the abuse and violence in each relationship stepped up a gear. I this week have learnt a valuable lesson and would suggest any woman to seek disclosure. Maggie x

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Maggie,

I hope you are feeling a bit better.

You give very sound advice X

Maggie
      Participant

Thank you serenity x

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

Well done for getitng his name added onto claire law, u bound to be feeling tearful its lot to take in emotionally and mentally what they did to us, i too was unaware how violent the whole family was and how it ran in there family, see this as a moving on point and do all u can to protect yourself so no one hurts u again , it never was u, they just make us beleive it was our fault

Maggie
      Participant

Hi,
      For me it was the turning point, a reality check, my husband family are all hard working they are intolerant of his behaviour, his only back bone is his mother who supports him regardless, despite how the family or her husband feel.

I hope you are ok and safe x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thank you for the sound advice. xx

Maggie
      Participant

Hi
      I hope it helps, the police were lovely despite having to break some really bad news, i have even had follow up calls. I strongly advise using this it isnt a gut feeling anymore and the fact people believe you stops you feeling like your going mad xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content