Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      FruitLoops
      Participant

Hello everyone,

I left (detail removed by moderator), but am looking to add information to Clares Law, is this possible? I reported it all to the police after I left (not a statement as was scared of the court process would be dragged through at the time due to fear of him) but really wanted to know if my reports would be added to Clares Law, and if not, how can you do this? If possible?

Please help!

FL x*x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Fruitloops,

I believe information in Clare’s law is mainly what is on the police system regarding previous arrests relating to DV or anything that might be relevant to a new partner.
      I don’t believe you can ask for it to be added. I think the police decide what should be disclosed. They don’t give out information lightly even under Clare’s law.

FruitLoops
      Participant

Thankyou qm, I feared that may be the case. I feel so sad, especially if this girl is now in lockdown with him 😢 xx

KIP.
      Participant

Ring the domestic abuse police. I made a statement and using Claire’s Law they can go to a new partner and warn her. That’s an option and it’s also not too late to make those statements official. Although I believe the police aren’t investing historical abuse at the moment. But it won’t always be that way.

FruitLoops
        Participant

KIP if I made a statement wouldnt they have to arrest and take me and him through court? Scared to death of seeing him and being dragged through the court process x*x

KIP.
      Participant

If you made a statement it would depend on the amount of evidence. And how long ago it was. You can make a statement to the police and ask them to keep it as corroboration for other victims should it be needed including for a Claire’s law. You can ask that they take no further action at the moment apart from warn his current partner. If there is enough evidence to charge him then I went through the court process. It’s how you can hold him accountable. Speak to the domestic abuse unit about your options or victim support have a helpline too x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi FL, I’m sure you can make a statement on her behalf. You can do this online. Look up your local police and fill out. Or contact your local police and ask their advice too.
      IWMB 💞💞

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content