Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      CrocodileTears
      Participant

Can anyone talk me through the application process for Clares Law please?

I put in an application online on (detail removed by Moderator) and had an officer ring back in the afternoon saying someone can they arrange for someone to come out the next day to speak to me. When I said it wouldn’t work, he asked if someone could someone (detail removed by Moderator) or if I could get to the station. He said it was only to get some ID. But I’m really panicking that he was so insistent and wanted to see me so soon that it means they’ve found something they need to tell me.

Do they always come out even if there isn’t anything which has shown up? Would have they have run some initial checks or are they are not allowed until they’ve seen some ID from me? I feel sick with panic.

KIP.
      Participant

Please don’t worry. They just need to confirm who you are. It may take a while and they may need more information from you. You’re just one of probably hundreds of cases they’re working their way through. You did the right thing in contacting them. Knowledge Is Power. Even if there is no previous history you might want to make a statement for his next victim to see if she uses Claire’s Law x

KIP.
      Participant

The processing of your application is usually explained on their website x

CrocodileTears
      Participant

Thank you. It says on the website they run initial checks then depending on the outcome they may need to contact to check ID. Does that mean something has been flagged up if they’re taking it further? Or will they not have had the time to do the initial checks yet?

KIP.
      Participant

I’m not sure what’s going on with them but please ring them and ask. Don’t sit and worry about it. It will reassure you. From what you say they may have something to tell you and need to check your ID. However I’d want to check your ID even if nothing showed up. They may also want to see if you want to make a statement about the abuse. There is a domestic abuse unit so it might be worth talking to them x not sure if they are the ones who do the disclosures x I’d ring them and ask what’s happening x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content