Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Courage
      Participant

Just wondering if anyone had any experience. I’m interested in knowing the full extent of my exes history but it wouldn’t affect whether I’m with him or not as we are definitely over, he’s moved on, I don’t have any contact due to a protective order etc – so would they tell me? I want to know as he told me about stuff in his past, I put it in my statement and then he obv denied it. But it’s my understanding that if they told me I couldn’t tell the courts anyway? BUT if they were willing to disclose things would they be able to disclose things that were reported but no further action taken? Eg called to remove him from a DV incident, accused of rape but no proof etc?

Ayanna
      Participant

They would only report what is stated in the DBS check. I learned for myself to request a DBS check for anybody who wants to be in close contact with me.

Confused123
      Participant

when i reported my ex i was concerend he would do this again, i got told all abuse i reported is logged, if any of his future partners had concerns or i was concerned for his new partner i could warn police to warn her or she can ask information her self, so im sure u could find out , but it would only be if previous partners have reported him , try your luck and see what happens

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content