Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Apples. Apples
      Participant

Hi,

I wrote on here before and someone suggested checking my partner under Clare’s Law.
      I was just wondering how safe is it? Is there any chance my partner might find out i done it? Would love some advice from anyone whos done it before

maddog
      Participant

Your partner won’t know about it. I guess that the idea of it is that you need to be prepared to walk or run! There may be nothing on record to raise your concerns. If things are flagged up, please don’t think there’s anything special about you that he won’t do the same to you. You’re not supposed to tell him what you know. Hopefully he’ll be honest with you anyway. It may be worth speaking to someone on the Domestic Abuse team on 101 to find out more.

KIP.
      Participant

It’s totally confidential and a friend or family member of yours can ask if you can trust them. Definitely worth looking into. Look on your local police force website x

Hetty
      Participant

No. I went through this. Really quick and easy. I got info within a day x

Apples. Apples
      Participant

Thank you all for your replies.

The only reason I am worried is because when I go to start the application it says ” If we think someone is at risk, we or our partner agencies, will take action”

Does anyone know what they mean by that? I need to leave quietly and I can’t imagine what would happen if the police just turned up at the house.. Even if I did get out OK on the day the only place I can go is my mums and if there is any dramas while leaving I know he will turn up at my mums house..

KIP.
      Participant

I think you should go ahead. They won’t do anything that puts you in danger. It’s probably if he has serious convictions that prevent him being around children or has conditions where he has to report a new relationship to a probation officer. They will disclose his previous convictions or dealings with the police that they feel is relevant. If you do leave and he turns up at your house then please ring the police. You might be able to speak to a domestic abuse officer who can help keep you safe. Talk to your local women’s aid who can help you plan a safe exit.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content