Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Xxxdreamcatcherxxx
      Participant

Im soo soo close to tears, im coming to terms with the reality im in another abusive relationship. Most definately controlling, treating me like a maid, not letting my kids cyddle me when they want to and more recently still carrying on sex when iv asked him to stop, either because hes being to ruff, or trying to do something i dont personally like. He doesnt live with me, stays alot, always on the phone when not with me or inbetween taxi jobs. Really dont have the first clue what to do and my kids are noticing too. X

Key is…he doesn’t live with you. End of.
      You need to get your boundaries sorted love.
      Reach out and get counselling/women’s aid etc.
      I hope you haven’t given him your house keys.
      Don’t mean to frighten you, but if you carry on like this you stand to lose your kids.
      Which one do you want?
      all best
      ftc
      x

Xxxdreamcatcherxxx
      Participant

Unfortunately he has keys, im doing the freedom programme, iv told the kids mummy is going to put things right. But i just dont know how. X

Change the locks. Change the locks. Change the locks.
      If you don’t have the money get the hell out of there with your kids.
      all best
      ftc
      x

Xxxdreamcatcherxxx
      Participant

Im seeing my support worker again this week. Think tonight im feeling it, as im home alone x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there,

What you have described is controlling and abusive behaviour. Its good you are recognizing his behaviour for what it is. You mentioned you are doing the freedom programme, your domestic abuse support worker should be able to support you with a safety plan.

If he carries on sex when you have told him to stop this is sexual abuse. He should not be pressuring you to do anything you are uncomfortable with. If you need more support with this you could call the Rape Crisis Helpline.

He doesn’t live with you at the moment and the abuse is already concerning. You deserve support with this.

Take care and keep posting

Best Wishes,

Lisa

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content