Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      backtome
      Participant

Hi all, I’m back again. I made him leave again, he was opposed at first but has since found someone else to sponge off and so isn’t trying to worm his way back in this time. My problem is trying to parent my child.

I’m trying to get some support put in place for my child’s mental health but the resource I have been referred to is requiring permission from both parents…..I asked him, he asked me lots of questions and accused me of being a sheep (not in those words as I cant say what he actually said) and said various other things about me and parenting but would not explicitly say yes or no. Now the resource have to call him to get his permission and I KNOW that when they do he will play the doting father and freely give his permission and make me look like i was just trying to cause drama. This is just a small part of what we’re going through. He’s also being inconsistent with the plans of seeing her and not letting me know times/days so I’m always on edge waiting to know whats happening. I just don’t know how to move forward while he still has so much control over our lives.

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to say YAY that I got him out again finally but also just vent about trying to parent my child alongside (or lets face it against) him. hope everyone else is ok <3

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, well done for getting him out. You won’t be able to co parent with him so I’d be telling the support for your child that you have both been exposed to a domestic abuser and that you don’t want him involved with you or your child’s mental health as he’s the cause of both of your issues. Start as you mean to go on and for me that would be cutting this abuser from your lives and empowering your child to understand abuse and give them tools to deal with it x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content