Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Aliceinwonderland
      Participant

Hi all,
      We are in isolation and children can’t see their dad due to this, I’ve checked on cafcass and they do have guidance which might be useful for some of you
      https://www.cafcass.gov.uk/download/12285/
      I know this pandemic will complicate an already complicated issue for many …
      Take care and stay safe
      X

fizzylem
      Participant

Says 1m distance when the NHS guidance is actually 2. I would add that for us it’s been about making my child aware of health information so she can make her own tough choices like everyone else – because she is old enough; she is thus choosing to self isolate, given she lives with two family members in the vulnerable group. Not much point in us self isolating if she’s going back and forth to dad’s is there.

I haven’t had to make any call here, as I was able to ask him what he thought of the guidance in relation to our situation, I knew what my child had decided already – and I found that we all thought the same – for once!

I will encourage her to facetime and keep intouch, but atm she appears quite happy with things – interestingly!

Aliceinwonderland
      Participant

The advice won’t be appropriate for everyone and every situation is individual but just thought it might help some. Also yes I agree we need to keep updated on information as it is changing and government guidance is also changing daily. I hope you all keep safe and do whatever you need to do to keep safe.
      I was lucky he agreed he shouldn’t have contact and follow the 14 day isolation rule…shame it’s taken a pandemic for us to actually agree on something.

fizzylem
      Participant

I know what you mean A! Shocker hey – and a turn up, although he is in the vulnerble group as well. I was very mindful re how I approached him, asking him first and this helped – didn’t want to have to say well this is what is happening at ours, which I have on occassion had to do with other things.

Think the main thing is to try and keep the child at ease, no unecessary distress isn’t it, which if told you cant see dad may bring, better to try and get them to make their own sensible choices if poss. Thankfully my child understands and is at the age where a bit of info helps – she would make up stuff and feel more scared without it, but I understand it will be difficult for younger ones and parents, trying to maintain a normality in this situation x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content