Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Serenity
      Participant

I remember when my youngest was a toddler- (removed by moderator)  and I used to really suffer with the cold. I was always lacking in energy and my eyelids felt ready to drop even in the day; my body temperature was always low. I had extreme sensitivity to the cold. I could only face going on the warmer, small pool if I took the kids swimming.

Apparently, sensitivity to cold is another symptom of PTSD. I feel a bit warmer nowadays.

I also craved carbohydrates to give me a quick rush of energy, as I felt so drained.

I had extreme sensitivity to light. That seems to have improved a lot.

I still have extreme sensitivity to noise.

Does anyone else have these symptoms, or has had them in the past?

KIP.
      Participant

Wow yes. Sensitivity to noise is a real problem for me. Busy noisy restaurants make me anxious. I used to think i was just a light sleeper but its anxiety. It didnt help that he would wake me raging in the middle of the night. Sensitivity to light. Yes coldness, especially feet. I love my electric blanket. It was sugar cravings for me. I wonder about the biology. I used to think it was poor circulation. Maybe thats the biology.

kitty
      Participant

I have those things because of fibromyalgia – which is common in ppl who have been in abusive relationships. I’m either too hot or too cold. I hate noise and bright lights – I’m like a real life gizmo but it is safe to feed me after midnight! I also get tired easily and pain all of the time. It has not improved. (Detail removed by moderator).

Tuppance
      Participant

Wow ! I used to love my music and now I can’t stand the noise or the TVs on. When the kids argue I can’t think straight – it’s all so noisy. I have never been good with bright light anyway. For me I can’t seem to find any energy to do anything. I used to be so active but now I am tired all the time but I don’t sleep. I wish I could be normal agSin x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Omg I have had tests because I’m so cold my fingers turn blue with it. Also crave coke a cola and chocolate. Also sensitive to noise.

Can’t stop, I exercise for hours. Even when I am tired I keep going just can’t rest.

FS x

Millionpieces
      Participant

Hi,
      I used to love music before I met my abuser but not able to enjoy it as the noise makes me nervous. But now I tune it into music all the time, it is one of my therapy giving me good mood boost. But the noise of the door open still make me tremble. I still so sensitive about door, banging or argue. Make me so nerves.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content