Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      citrine
      Participant

I have my first date with “conference with counsel”
      I have to take my ex to court as he isn’t responding to any of my solicitors letters.

Does anyone know the procedure of going to court and what it will involve. All I know is that it’s going to be expensive.

diymum@1
      Participant

he will be served with papers in 3-4 weeks and he has to answer it because its a court writ. he has no choice he has to attend court or the judge will make a decision on your evidence and wishes . youll go to court quite a few times if abuse is raised then a report will be written. they interview everyone involved and talk to the kids. it depends where you are CAFCASS deal with it in England and Wales and they have a good website. in Scotland it an adlitem so an independent lawyer xx

citrine
      Participant

Thank you. It just sounds so horrible and I hate that I have to do it this way. It’s so sad.

diymum@1
      Participant

i know its daunting but it sounds worse than it is. its him thats brought you to this point you didnt do anything x*x there is always the option to let him take you to court? it wont give him the upper hand in any way. it dosent look good hes ignoring the solicitor xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content