Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bubblegum
      Participant

Hello Ladies .Was wondering if any of you ladies could advice me on any good confidence tips Apps books (detail removed by Moderator) etc .Ive been split from my Ex husband number of years now and it’s only last few months Ive finally gone no contact with him .( he has gone all quite as he’s moved on with another woman ) .From the outside I would say I look like any other woman but like most of us my Ex husband has ruined my confidence due to his behaviour lies etc .Some areas over years Ive grown I. Confidence.I feel this year is my year to finally grow.Even my oldest son has said that I really need now think of myself and not worry what his dad is up to anymore .There are two goals I’d like to put in place and by the end of the year I’d like to look back and think Least Ive tried or had a go at least .Im currently working due to my lack of support Childcare if the years from my Ex his family .Ive dropped down from (detail removed by Moderator) role to (detail removed by Moderator) role .Id like to better myself again .When you’ve been stuck rut for many years lack confidence.The thought of going to interviews etc but part me that really wants to improve myself so I can support my kids better for the future .My second goal is to start dating again .Ive made a point to leave it for a number years bit to date as I wasn’t ready .Due to my age I’m at a point where I wouldn’t settle for 2nd best .I feel
      I’m at a point it would be nice to finally have some male company .Im aware as best as U can be red flag situation and I wouldn’t tell any new male friend what Ive been through so early on in the friendship .It has been many years since Ive dated even kissed a guy exciting one way but so lacking confidence that department .X*x

Dragonfly
      Participant

Cliché moment sorry…I think it comes down to accepting and liking yourself. I’m nowhere near that yet but I find being with good people helps confidence. Genuine people. Confidence doesn’t come naturally to ne, never has, but we’ve all changed so it’s even more difficult to find?!? I think if you have a goal you got to try going for it. What’s the worst that could happen? You get a NO?

We have to push ourselves and believe in ourself. Think ahead, make plans, dream, believe. Try.

Good stuff can and will happen if we try. Put yourself out there. You know the red flags, avoid them. Make life about you x

Bubblegum
      Participant

Thank you Dragon fly for your advice .Will re read this when I’m lacking in confidence .

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content