Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Missmadge
      Participant

Hi ladies,I’m a bit she’ll shocked right now,my abusive ex after (Detail removed by Moderator) years of face grabbing and pinching finally battered me in broad daylight on (Detail removed by Moderator),I fled but he hasnt contacted me since And I’m in bits,I’m constantly checking my phone to see if he’s text me but why? I’m a mess x*x

KIP.
      Participant

How terrifying for you. Have you been to the police or your GP? I would urge you to do both. You’re traumatised and not thinking straight. Is it possible for you to block his number meantime. Until you have some time and space to process this. I can tell you after my assault I kept checking to see if he was trying to contact me initially it was out of fear. Then I think it was because of years of trying to stay one step ahead to avoid an abusive outburst. Trauma and abuse messes with our rational thought process. Google trauma bonding too. Contact your local women’s aid for great support and advice. Sadly abuse always gets worse. He has shown you his true self, believe him. Keep posting for support. The helpline number on here is great to speak to someone who understands too x

Missmadge
      Participant

Hi Kip and thankyou for your kind words but I’m checking my phone because I want him to contact me,I love him and thought he was in love with me,he lost all control and beat me infront of people in his street,mostly men who stood and watched.I wet myself I was so scared,I just don’t understand why he isn’t bombarding me with texts like other men seem to do.I need help badly I can’t report him as I have a restraining order and went to see him when I shouldn’t?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content