Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Caledonia6
      Participant

I spend must of my time analysing my husbands behaviour.
      We can get on so well together have a laugh, talk about our problems and then there’s a nasty side to him. No patience, flies off the handle easily, verbally abusive etc.
      He has admitted to having angry outbursts but has done nothing to stop them.
      If I leave I’ll be the one breaking the family up and I don’t know how I would manage that guilt.
      A few months ago he was wanting me to go to (detail removed by moderator) with him. One minute he’s telling me I’m all he wants then he says he wants other things
      It’s left me doubting myself and confused. After years of my doubts he has finally admitted to being bisexual.
      I gave him so many opportunities to be open with me no judgment at all and I was left knowing something wasn’t right and (detail removed by moderator) later he tells me this and is blasé about it. When I think of all the times I didn’t think I was enough because of the things he wanted in the bedroom. He always had a way of getting what he wanted and then he’d say I made him feel bad !!
      Thanks for reading

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Caledonia,

Thank you for sharing this with us and I am sorry to hear what you’re going through.

It sounds like you are receiving some very mixed messages from your husband that could potentially be a form of gaslighting. It’s understandable that this has left you feeling confused.

It’s not okay for your partner to pressure or demand anything from you in the bedroom, or to be verbally abusive towards you.

When we decide to leave a relationship due to the fact that we are experiencing abuse, the abuser is the one responsible, not us. It’s their behaviour that causes the family to break up.

I’m glad you are reaching out to talk about this.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content