Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      I.dont.know.
      Participant

So I’ve been living with my partner for a while and he’s started saying I’m hostile to him all the time and he’s finding unnecessary reasons to start an argument. I feel really edgy about what I say to him and how I am around him.

I’ve asked a few of my close friends if I can be a hostile person and they all said absolutely not your the complete opposite. Which I agree I’ve not been hostile to him at all.

He also keeps threatening to leave me as soon as something doesn’t go his way I’ve lost count the amount of times he’s dragged his suitcase out and starting throwing clothes in it.

I should add he is a fair bit younger than me.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi I.dont.know.,

The fact that you’re feeling like you need to watch and modify your behaviour around him to avoid his reactions is very telling. This is part of how abusers unbalance power within a relationship in their favour. Using threats of any kind when things don’t go his way is controlling. It doesn’t matter what age difference there is, this kind of behaviour isn’t acceptable. It sounds like there could be quite a bit to unpick here, if you wanted to discuss things in more detail with a Women’s Aid worker, you could use our Live Chat service to do that.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content