Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      unsinkableunicorn
      Participant

hi everyone, i’ve not been on this platform for a little while but am need of some advice. my boyfriend has started to get quite angry with me and makes me cry a lot with the hurtful things he has been saying. he has never laid a hand on me but has thrown things around me. i’m starting to feel scared of him and i’m not sure what to do. i feel like i can’t leave. (detail removed by Moderator) he screamed at me and threatened to leave me in the middle of no where alone as i hadn’t done what he wanted of me. i feel so betrayed and so so upset. i really don’t know what to do. i feel that it’s got worse in the last couple of months and i just feel like i’m walking on eggshells constantly

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi unsinkableunicorn,

It sounds like your boyfriend is escalating the abuse and it’s understandable that you’re feeling scared of him. Although he hasn’t directly assaulted you so far, throwing things around you is violent and frightening. It has the same impact of controlling you by fear, the message being that he could physically harm you if he chose. If you are ever feeling at risk of immediate harm from him, do call 999 so that the police can come and help to keep you safe. You don’t have to wait for him to do something and then call them after, your safety is important.

It’s okay that you’re feeling like you can’t leave, you don’t have to be ready for that or to take any practical steps before you can get support. If you wanted to talk things over in more detail with a Women’s Aid worker and discuss options, you could use our Live Chat service (available every day). If you’d like to access some more ongoing support, you could reach out to your local domestic abuse service. The support should be fitted to what you want and you shouldn’t feel pressured to do anything you’re not comfortable with or before you’re ready.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content