Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Fallingleaf
      Participant

I have temporarily moved out to my mums
      My husband has my2 children during the week only cos of school near by and I pick them up on (detail removed by Moderator) and have them over the weekend.
      But tonight we discussed that we need to sell the family home as we cannot live together.
      Cani do this alone will I cope will I be able to get and support that I need?

Confused123
      Participant

Hi HUn

It all feels scary but yes you can do this, hopefully with the sale of the house you can put towrds another place, get legal advice to see what your entitlments are and see if you can get help to claim any benefits

Tiffany
      Participant

You can do this. It isn’t going to be easy. I wish I could say it will be, but that is unlikely – abusers don’t like letting us go, so I would go into it expecting him to act badly. But you can do it. Reach out for all the support you can get. Keep writing here. Call women’s aid to get advice about what to do next. They will be able to direct you towards the legal help you will need to move forward. And keep your contact with your abuser to the absolute minimum possible in order to protect your mental health. Things will get better.

Fallingleaf
      Participant

Thank you so much for the advice
      I haven’t had much contact today and I have made some appointments for estate agents to come view the house to value it on (detail removed by Moderator)
      I’m hoping there will Ben enough money to sell and get a new place for me to start a fresh

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content