Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      itwillbeokay
      Participant

Life is good. Well our new life I’ve rebuilt in a new area, new schools, new job, new friends, old friends, family support. All very positive and our environment is less unpredictable and driven by fear.

But I’m so on edge and confused by how I’m feeling as he has disappeared again. Not a peep for (detail removed by moderator). After (detail removed by moderator) of constant concerning messages. He hasn’t seen our children in weeks. I know nothing about him or how he is or where he is and I’m getting on with life in a positive way. But it eats away at me that this man I loved so so much for so so long is now gone and a total stranger and is probably not in a good way and he has insisted all along it’s all my doing. I just have this constant bad feeling trying to overwhelm any good I gain from our new life. It’s exhausting and draining.

x

LozzyX
      Participant

Hi I haven’t left yet but hope to soon. I contacted women’s aid who gave me info on charities that do free /low cost counselling in my area and so now on waiting list for 8-10 weeks … It’s a long long wait but at least if I am on list now it’s support I’ll have ready
      .. as I am getting anxiety and that constant feeling of dread now I’ve decided to leave , even when he’s at work and I know I won’t see him for a few days I am still sitting here in fear.

So not sure if you are having. Any counselling but it could help , your brain will have a lot to process ? Another thing I found useful in the past was CBT to challenge my negative thought processes… A combination of the two types of therapy may help but maybe the counselling first

itwillbeokay
      Participant

Hello. Thank you so much for replying. I’ve been having weekly counselling for about 4 months I think now, however, she is on holiday so I’ve not seen her for what will be 3 weeks next week when I see her next. She’s wonderful so maybe that’s partly why I’m struggling as I do get a lot of relief from anxiety from it.

I tend to listen a lot to life coaches on YouTube, the n**********c abuse ones and they are extremely helpful.

xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content