Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      cupcakes
      Participant

I have to have some contact with my ex to arrange the dates he will see the children as it has to fit around his shifts, however he cant help himself to have a go at me or try and control me or mentally abuse me. He also copies his family on to the emails even though I have asked him not to but he said he is doing it to gather evidence against me.

I would rather not have any contact whatsoever but because the days are different weekly we have to – how else can I do this without him emailing me how do others do it?

(detail removed by Moderator) because I did not email him back within 24 hours he has threatened to get a court order against me.

thanks

Tiffany
      Participant

All contact through a third party? Have you got anyone who could do it for you? Also surely he gets his shift patterns more than a week in advance – monthly is more normal. So surely the contact could be sorted out once a month reducing the burden on whoever was doing it for you? I think if you don’t have a relative who can do it that you can do it through some kind of legal system, but I am afraid I don’t have kids and don’t know what the system is. Try the helpline or Rights for Women? You really shouldn’t have to go through this. Also keep copies of the emails incase you do go to court – they are evidence on your side not his I would imagine.

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Hi Cupcake, you’ve already had some good advice, but you could also try the free legal advice drop- in at your local Women’s aid group or Citizens advice bureau if the helpline can’t help or you have trouble getting through. Good luck

cupcakes
      Participant

Thank you, he refuses to use a third party to email me information – I need to get advice from my solicitor on this one I guess as I don’t even want to see his name in my inbox!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content