Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Wings
      Participant

I don’t know if anyone can help, but I thought here was a good place to start…

My father abused me for many years from when I was a teenage. He was convicted and is currently in prison. Today I received a ‘valentines’ day card, using my old name with the message:

‘Found you at last?? Why did you leave me? Please txt xxxxxx’

Now I do not know for sure if it was him. It may be from my sister who is much younger than I am and is not allowed to contact me (my mother will not allow it).

If it is from my father, does anyone know what I can do. I’ve no idea how either of them would have got hold of my address. Can the police do anything? I was so shaken when I saw it, and now I just want to know who it was.

Thank you for your help.

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi and hugs xx

Any concerns take it to the police or ring 101 for advice they were most helpful when I had worries. If there is a number they will be able to trace it.

I would say better to be safe than sorry.

FS xx

Wings
      Participant

Is it an offence? I’ve found out that it’s not my sister… it only leaves him. I’m so scared as to how he’s got hold of my address?

I think I’ll contact the police tomorrow. As far as I know they can only trace it back to an area…not an actual place?

SaharaD
      Participant

what did the police say Wings?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content