Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Dragon
      Participant

Hi there,
      Has anyone contacted their local DA service? Can you tell me what to expect? What do they do? Can they just listen or are they there for practical help. Not sure whether to call WA or local DA service and feeling nervous about it. The way my relationship is can’t carry on. I am going out my mind. I feel so confused, like it’s all my fault but I feel like I am trying hard. I don’t know where to turn now but I feel scared and also I still want to hold things together but I am not sure how to do it, it is slipping through my fingers. I don’t know up from down. I feel like I have created all of this. I am making it worse.
      X

Escapee
      Participant

Hey 😊

I spoke to both and they were both very supportive. They listen to you pour your heart out and they also give you practical advice.

I’m getting support from WA as where I am moving to they are really active and have a lot of different groups I can access.

Also, everyone on here is very supportive and helpful xx

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi your local DA are there to listen. every choice is yours and yours alone, you won’t be forced to do anything you’re not ready to do. Just take your time, baby steps all the way sweetheart.
      Much love IWMB 💞💞

EbonyRaven
      Participant

The local da service here had me come in to talk through my situation so they could look at the practical help they were able to offer. Went into a private room with a lovely lady and a cuppa. It was nice at that time to have someone listen and believe me, so even just for that I was grateful.

They can help with housing and benefits if you’re in that position, as well as job searching and supporting you with that. They also have links to other voluntary groups and charities, for free or cheap furniture if you’ve had to flee with nothing for example.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content