Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      NewWings
      Participant

I have changed locks put in cctv camera and generally been very careful about security and yet he or perhaps an accomplice is entering the house. We are at a crucial part of the divorce the financial report. He has lied through his teeth no surprise there. But despite being visited by the police he continues to gain access. There is never any sign of locks being forced but still he gets in. I have done everything the police have suggested. He is obsessed with trying to terrorise me. Thing is I don’t understand how he got around the camera. I keep it switched on and never leave keys lying around. I must have spent hundreds and hundreds on locks. I contacted the police. Is there something I’m missing. This has happened even when he was hundreds of miles away. Any ideas of extra security would be appreciated.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi NewWings

Keep logging with the police any evidence that you have, that someone has been in your property, also you could speak to your neighbours in case they have seen or heard anything strange when you have not been there.
      It sounds like you have put in all the obvious security measures, you could get extra window locks if you think someone might be getting in through a window. Your local domestic abuse support service would normally offer some support with home safety if you haven’t contacted them already.

Take Care and keep posting

Lisa

KIP.
      Participant

Sprinkle some talcum powder when you leave at the doors and windows. Just a very light sprinkle. Sellotape very lightly doors and windows so if the tape is broken you will see the point of entry. You can always hoover the talc back up,when your return (take the talc with you). Will probably leave a nice smell anyway. At the very least it will put your mind at rest x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content