Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      FreeFromHim
      Participant

Fellow survivors,

Riddle me this… its been (detail removed by moderator) since the one was arrested, taken away after (detail removed by moderator) of systemic abuse (against me and children) -oh with police history; social services; court; cafcass; as well as the ‘too difficult’ to prove continued harassment … blah blah… you get the picture…

Post court (detail removed by moderator) weirdly is was POST court we get letters.. WHY?

The language was telling already scared children that do not want to see this person that HE will be taking them soon… ‘WHAT’?

Immediately had to inform the school – it scared the kids – to the point that the kids were having delusions of being abducted or me being hurt …

Second letter – post court the language accelerated .. pushing my son over the edge.. you know, we are dealing with it… keeping his anxiety down, letting his panic attacks happen – be natural you know… by the way, he is on emergency and priority watch within the school… not as rosy and peaceful as i’m making out.

I’m forgetting an important fact.. I have no issue with ex sending a letter, however the second post court was ‘hand-delivered’… someone knocked on our door (we have a sanctuary door with post box on the wall) left an envelope on the doormat and ran away… ???

It was in my view, to purposely intimidate and cause distress… well it has… to the kids.. but I think he did that to hurt me and it backfired… I called the police…

Nothing happened… I was advised to get a non-mol order… ok – Ive applied.. I don’t know if i’ll get it as going through a divorce (detail removed by moderator)

The plot thickens… I got a random letter from social services saying a case is closed over his allegations of me assaulting him!! WHAT??

I really do not get this… neither the police nor SS contacted me just a random letter… why cant I be left alone?

This is my life after abuse… (detail removed by moderator).. I am desperate to live x

KIP.
      Participant

Yep. The answer to your riddle is simply he’s an abuser. How dare you take his power from him. I got a letter from HMRC fraud department saying they had completed the investigation into my benefits and nothing had changed! So yes, they report us to whoever will listen. Also he made false and malicious accusations to the police which got me taken to the police station for hours. I’d definitely have an issue with him sending letters directly to you and the children. I’d have an issue with any direct contact whatsoever. Exposing yourself and children to this kind of behaviour is damaging. You absolutely don’t want any direct contact. It should be done through a third party friend or family member or a solicitor. Make sure he has no legal access to his children or he will walk away with them and tie you in knots legally. I found taking back control helped me get my life back. Pushing back every time he pushed my boundaries. That meant non mol, several calls to the police. Blocking his number, coming off all social media. I went through very similar but my kid was grown so my priority if I was you was making sure this man has no rights over them. Do you have support from women’s aid?

diymum@1
      Participant

you could go back to court and stop the letters? i was told that if my ex got indirect contact like this and it fell apart contact would be stopped. i was told it usually does in these cases because the men just dont stop xx hope this helps xx love diymum

diymum@1
      Participant

you would need gp backing the school to write to the court and a therapist could also get on side. so effects on the kids. all written professional backing will stop him xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content