Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Fishandchips4tea
      Participant

I’m realising just how evil he is and I’m terrified. He’s controlling everything and when I’ve shown resistance I’ve now found out he does subtle things like messaging my friends and family to say that I’m unstable. Is this his plan? To try to hold me to account for my emotional reactions to him in a way to ‘win’? Specifically if we were to have to go to court over the custody of our child.

I just can’t take this anymore. I just want to leave him. I’m taking steps to do so but he’s trying to prevent it at every turn.

Mellow
      Blocked

It’s called smearing it sounds as if he knows something is already up .he can’t stop you doing anything just know this.and leaving is the hardest but you can do it.

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi,

I tried to leave. I did what I thought was the right thing, I talked to him, told him why the relationship wasn’t working, that I was moving out and when. That was the worst thing I did. Because he was an abuser he upped tactics and disappeared with our son for a period of time. When I got my son back I then escaped.

It’s been said on here many a time, you can’t leave an abuser, you have to escape.

My escape was sudden, a window of opportunity arose that I took. I couldn’t have planned it in my wildest dreams and it was so out of character for me. After my escape it involved court procedures, my abusive ex didn’t see our son for many months. Those months apart helped me to get stronger for the bigger fight to come.

Prepare to escape, not leave, he’ll never let you leave.

xx

Llgirl
        Participant

This resonates with me so much, I think it’s so hard because you want to be amicable and normal for the sake of the kids but it’s just impossible.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content